You will need four pieces of information to set up your email account in any client*.
- The user id or user name is the entire email address. i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com etc.
- Your password is a 10 or more digit word that contains a CAPITAL, lower case letter, and a symbol. ($%^@& etc.)
- The mail servers for the INCOMING and OUTGOING are the same: mail.tfon.com, or mail.askjuan.net
- The port numbers for POP3 are: INCOMING = 110 and the OUTGOING = 587
- (or) The port numbers for IMAP are: INCOMING = 143 and the OUTGOING = 587 – You can check and/or change the port numbers in the ADVANCED tab.
All fields are required even if your email client says it is optional. That’s it.
*An email client is a program such as; “Microsoft Outlook”: “Windows Live Mail”; “Mozilla Thunderbird”; “Apple Mail” etc…